I Do



Greetings.

These are new words....this has been my greatest stumbling block - not believing I had anything new to write.  Even if I have written these words many times before (which I have) they are new because they are being written NOW.  That is a significant part of this craft, just making new marks on in empty space.  Each mark announces, “Kilroy was here.”

I decided a while ago....six...eight months...to stop writing until I had something to “say.”  The result?  I didn’t say anything.  Simple enough.  Obvious enough.  Stupid enough.

I’ve done a lot of living in the past six months: moving to Halifax, joining the Canadian Forces, integrating Charlotte into our family, doing basic training and, consequentially, living away from home for 94 days.  In all this uproar of life I’ve wanted to write, to EXPRESS myself, but continued to refrain.  I wanted to wait until I was “ready,” until “I got my thoughts together,” until “the cows came home” I think.

Here’s my great revelation, my BFO (Blinding Flash of the Obvious), to borrow a phrase from one of our instructors on Basic, there is only now!  Use it!  Or to quote the great and wise Yoda, “There is no try, only do!”

I do.

Every Blessing.

Comments