Peter's Day


Greetings.

Today was “Peter’s Day.” In preparation to leave for Basic Training, I took the afternoon to spend with Peter, doing whatever he wanted to do. It was a wonderful time. We went to the base, the dockyard (where he was amazed by the ships), Chapters (which he calls ‘the Thomas store’), MicMac Mall, a pet store and Dairy Queen for ice cream!

He knows I’m going to ‘Basic Training’ though he has no concept of what that means. He has promised to take care of William (with Momma’s and Charlotte’s help) and also promised to talk to me every night on the phone.

It’s slowly starting to dawn on me that I will be leaving. The boys are putting the whole thing in perspective, though. They have a very simple concept of time. Today is today and tomorrow is tomorrow. Carpe Diem - Seize the Day!

...or as a bumper sticker I once saw put it, “LIVE LIFE: this is not a dress rehearsal!”

Every Blessing.

Comments