Temple-Body


Greetings.

I’m gearing up for Basic Training from September 10th to December 12th. It promises to be a challenging time for me personally and my family as well. One of the greatest personal challenges for me in preparation has been the physical training. I’ve never been an active person, preferring to spend my time in front of a computer or good book. Two good friends, Chris and Harry, have helped me overcome this significant obstacle.

This new emphasis on the ‘physical’ aspect of my ‘self’ has helped me better appreciate the body God has given me. I have ignored this significant part of who I am for a long time. Paul asked, “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own (1 Corinthians 6:19)?” Ask yourself, how do I treat this body of mine, this gift from God?

I know my track record sucks.

Every Blessing.

Comments